- About Us
- Our Work
- Learning Centers & Networks
- Contact Us
Thateng Integrated Organic Farm
Thateng Integrated Organic Farm is located in Sekong Province in the South of Laos, some 600 km from the capital. Situated on the Bolaven Plateau, Thateng Farm has a good climate and rich soils suitable for growing organic vegetables and the well-known Lao coffee. The mission of the farm is to be a training ground for young people and farmers in the four Southern provinces which share the rich volcanic soil of the Bolaven Plateau. Thateng Integrated Organic Farm provides training and technical assistance on appropriate technologies for food production, resource management, and income generation. Thateng Farm runs projects and training in diverse activities such as organic silk, vegetables and fruit production and making organic compost
Recently, an agreement has been made with district authorities to jointly conduct agricultural extension services in four districts for the promotion of organic vegetable production and selling of the products. Being the oldest of the PADETC Learning Centers, it has all the necessary facilities and experiences needed to conduct trainings and demonstrations. Thateng Integrated Organic Farm is currently in the process of registering as a Non Profit Association (NPA). You can visit the beautiful Thateng Organic Farm for lunch, coffee, fresh juice and a farm tour. It is clearly signposted on the main road between Paksong and Thateng on the Bolaven Plateau route.
- Provided and coaching on integrated growing of organic vegetable to 462 community members,
- Facilitated 12 interns (four women).
- Organized learning workshop for 73 secondary school students on the benefit of consumption of organic vegetables.
2011: 41 farmer families trained on integrated farming.
- 240 farmers trained from Attapeu, Sekong and Champasak.
- 10 agriculture college students from Pakse and Sekong Agricultural college completed research thesis at Thateng Farm
- Training modules produced by Thateng farm integrated in the curriculum of Sekong Agriculture College
- 122 farmers trained.
- Two farmer groups established comprised of 60 farmers each.
Tel & Fax: (+856 21) 219130
Post: PO Box 2147,
Vientiane, Lao PDR
Contact details and maps